The following guidelines will help keep your scanner and batteries in good shape:
- Clean the scanner after every use. Refer to our Cleaning a Scanner article for detailed instructions.
- Do not use isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to wipe down the scanner or battery. Refer to our list of approved cleaning agent to safely clean the device on our Compatible Cleaners and Disinfectants article.
- Do not submerge the Clarius scanner in water when the battery is plugged in. You can submerge the battery and scanner for up to 30 minutes in approved liquids when they are not connected.
- Avoid placing the scanner under direct sunlight for prolonged period of time. This will not impact the scanner's safety or performance but may discolor the housing's finish.
- Avoid storing them in extreme temperatures. The scanner may degrade in performance or become unusable if stored or transported in ambient temperatures below -20°C (-4°F) or above 50°C (122°F)
- Dry scanner and battery thoroughly before storage.
- Do not leave batteries in an unplugged charger for extended periods of time (> 7 days).
- Do not leave batteries in a scanner for extended periods of time (> 7 days).
- Recharge your batteries whenever possible and either leave them in a plugged charger, or store them separately.
- Do charge your batteries at least every seven days to maintain longevity of the battery.
- If you decide to leave your battery in your scanner, please either shut down the App when not using the scanner, or turn off the scanner with the ON/OFF button on the scanner selection page.
In Clarius 5.2 and older
In Clarius 6.1 and later