Scanner and its accessories
- Clean the scanner after every use. Refer to our Cleaning a Scanner article for detailed instructions.
- Avoid using isopropyl alcohol (IPA), acetone, Methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), paint thinner, or other strong solvents and abrasive cleaners to wipe down the scanner and its accessories. Use only cleaners and disinfectants recommended by Clarius. Refer to our Compatible Cleaners and Disinfectants article for the list of approved cleaning agent to safely disinfect the device.
- Limit the time that scanners are soaked in the disinfectant solution to the minimum time
recommended by the disinfectant manufacturer. Soaking the scanner for extended periods may damage your scanner.
- Do not submerge the Clarius HD scanner in water when the HD battery is plugged in. You can submerge the battery and scanner separately for up to 30 minutes in approved liquids when they are not connected.
- Each Clarius Scanner HD3 contains a Li-ion battery. Treat the internal battery with precaution.
- Avoid placing the scanner under direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. This will not impact the scanner's safety or performance but may discolor the housing's finish.
- Ensure to dry scanner and its accessories completely and thoroughly before storage. If it is necessary to dry the scanner lens or acoustic window, apply a soft cloth to the area, and blot rather than wipe.
- Store them separately from other equipment.
- The scanner may degrade in performance or become unusable if stored or transported in
ambient temperatures below -20°C (-4°F) or above 50°C (122°F).
- Avoid sharp objects, such as scissors, scalpels, or cauterizing knives, from touching the
- Avoid bumping the scanner on hard surfaces.
- Avoid surgeon's brushes when cleaning scanners. Even soft brushes can damage scanners.
- Regularly check the lens of the scanner’s acoustic window for degradation to prevent degradation of image quality and abrasions to the patient’s skin.
- For proper transmission of the acoustic beam, use only Aquasonic 100, and use it only before its expiry date. Download the usage instructions from parkerlabs.com and read all the information before operating the device. Using improper gel type or combining different gel types may expose patients to risks and produce poor-quality images.
- Do not use:
- Lotion-based products or gels that contain mineral oil.
- Hand-sanitizing gels.
- Scanners left soaking in gel.
- Using the scanner in the patient environment may be unsafe if the following conditions
exist: (1) Extremes in humidity (RH<15% and RH>95%), (2) Ambient temperatures that are
excessively high (>40°C / 104°F), or excessively low (<-20°C / -4°F).
- This product has demonstrated EMC compliance under conditions that included the use of compliant peripheral devices. It is important that you use compliant peripheral devices to reduce the possibility of causing interference to radios, televisions, and other electronic devices.
- Connecting the charger to a power supply that is not manufactured by Clarius may have the incorrect voltage/current, which could damage the charger.
For 1st gen and HD model battery
- Do not leave batteries in an unplugged charger for extended periods of time (> 7 days).
- Do not leave batteries in a scanner for extended periods of time (> 7 days).
- Recharge your batteries whenever possible and either leave them in a plugged charger, or store them separately.
- Do charge your batteries at least every seven days to maintain longevity of the battery.
- If you decide to leave your battery in your scanner, either close down the App when not using the scanner, or disconnect the scanner with the power button from the scanners selection page of the App.
Clarius is an active participant in the protection of the natural environment. The scanner and its accessories are designed and manufactured according to environmental protection guidelines, and the disposal of this equipment is intended to follow the same principles.
The equipment materials that are essential for functionality are also harmful to the natural environment, therefore, you must dispose these materials appropriately.
For proper disposal of the Clarius Scanner or any of its accessories, dispose it in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations. Alternatively, you may return your devices to Clarius.