Clarius Live allows clinicians in your institution to request instant assistance from the institution Live Reviewers. Your institution admin just needs a one-time setup of who the Live Reviewers are, and the function is ready to be used.
Adding a Live Reviewer to your Institution
- Sign in to Clarius Cloud.
- Go to My Institution and then Settings > Clarius Live.
- Enter the names of the people in your institution you want to become Live Reviewers, and click Add. You will only be able to add users that are already part of your institution. If the users are not part of your institution, see article on addingAdding Additional User first.
Live Reviewer: Setting Up your Availability
Live Reviewers will only get Clarius Live notifications when they have set themselves as available. They can setup their Clarius Live preferences, such as how they want to be contacted (via email and/or SMS) and when they are available from their profile page.
- Sign in to Clarius Cloud.
- Click on the arrow next to your username and then Profile > Live.
- Check or uncheck whether they want to be available for Clarius Live calls, Get Live call notification by email, or Get Live call notifications by SMS.
Note: For SMS to function, the Live Reviewer needs to enter their phone number in the Phone section in the Profile tab. Format should be "+<country code><phone number>". for example +16045557890 for North America.
- Add your Clarius Live availability by clicking or dragging on the calendar to select a time slot and click Create.
Using Clarius Live
The Clarius Live feature requires internet access. If you are connecting using Wi-Fi Direct, then your device needs to have data (e.g. 3G, 4G, or LTE) to access the internet. Alternatively, you can use a local Wi-Fi network to connect to the scanner.
- While scanning with the Clarius app, click the phone icon to start a call (the icon will animate while waiting for a reviewer to pick up).
The phone icon is only present when Live Reviewers in your institution are available.
- Enter the phone number or the e-mail of the user you will like to share screen with and select Call.
- The user will receive an e-mail or text message to join the Clarius Live session.
When the connection is established, the app will show a greenphone icon as well as the list of connected reviewers.
Multiple reviewers can join the call and have a group discussion. The Live Reviewer video is not shown (only their profile picture is displayed).
- To end the call, click on the phone icon again.
A reviewer could use Clarius Live from their computer, tablet, or smart phone.
- The reviewer will receive a notification with a direct link to answer the call, either by SMS or email (or both).
- Click on the URL link. A web browser will automatically open up.
- To end the call, click on the hang on button.