The Clarius Fan is a lightweight device that mounts externally to Clarius scanners to reduce heating and extend the scanning time to a maximum of 45 - 60 minutes of continuous scanning (depending on model, application, and imaging mode). Once the fan is attached to the scanner, it will automatically turn on once the scanner reaches a certain threshold, and turn off when the scanner is again close to room temperature.
To attach the fan to Clarius HD3 scanners:
1. Align the top of the fan with the top of the scanner. Make sure the fan’s logo is facing towards you. The logo on the fan and the logo on the scanner should align on top of each other.
2. Press the top of the fan onto the top of the scanner until the fan snaps into place. When the scanner reaches a temperature of 35°C (95°F), the fan automatically activates.
3. To remove the fan, pull on the latch located on either side of the fan. This loosens the fan from the scanner.
4. Lift the fan off the scanner.
To attach the fan to Clarius HD scanners, view the following video:
To attach the fan to 1st generation Clarius scanners:
- Align the top notch of the fan to sit on the scanner's 3rd groove from the top.
Note: Always install the fan from the long side, as installing it from the shorter side may cause damage to the contact pins.
- Snap the fan in place. The contact pins on the fan should align with the contact pins of the scanner.
- To remove the fan, detach the fan from the shorter side.