The premium Clarius scanner model supports sending exams to a DICOM compliant server. DICOM can also be added as an optional add-on for non-premium models.
To set up your DICOM server, the admin of your Cloud institution will need to add the server to the Cloud or in the Clarius app's settings page.
- Have the admin sign on to Clarius Cloud.
- Select My Institution to go to your most recently viewed institution. If you are in more than one institution, you may need to switch to a different institution. Select Settings in the institution menu.
- Select Systems > DICOM and select Add DICOM Server. You will need to know the Application Entity Title (AET), IP Address or Server Name, and Port of your DICOM server. Select the Server Type as well. Click Save when you are finished.
- If your facility uses multiple DICOM servers, you can configure additional ones on the Clarius Cloud by repeating step 3.
Sending an Exam to a DICOM Server
- After you are finished scanning and on the Impressions page, you will be shown a list of Exam Export Options. Select the server(s) that you would like to send your exams to and tap End Exam to submit.
- You will need to connect your smart device to a network that has access to your DICOM server. The app will send the exam once it is no longer on the scanner's Wi-Fi Direct network, and is able to communicate with the DICOM server successfully. Enabling Quick Exam Upload from the app's settings page can help with the upload of the exam immediately to the DICOM server once detected by the smart device without manually switching networks (scanner WiFi Direct to DICOM server network and vice versa).
For more detailed information, please refer to Clarius DICOM Conformance Statement.