Note: DICOM access is available with the Clarius Membership or with an active DICOM License.
If your scanner has DICOM licensed, you will be able to send exams to PACS over DICOM Store, as well as query patient demographics using DICOM Worklist.
For more information, please download these step-by-step guides: Clarius DICOM Store Setup and Clarius DICOM Worklist Setup.
There are two methods to setup the DICOM connections:
- Clarius Cloud
- Propagates information to all users within the institution
- If multiple mobile devices will be set up for DICOM with the Clarius App, it is best to set up the DICOM information this way, via the Clarius Cloud Institution Settings
- Clarius App
- Limited to the specific device the App is installed on
- If only specific devices will have access to DICOM functionality with the Clarius App, it is best to set up DICOM from directly within the Clarius App installed on the mobile device in question.
- Good for quickly testing connectivity
- Has the ability to specifically name the Client AE title (not just the Server AE title). If no specific Client AE title is input, the default Client AE title will be the scanner's serial number.
- As an Administrator, sign into Clarius Cloud.
- Select My Institution to go to your most recently viewed institution. If you are in more than one institution, you may need to switch to a different institution. Select Settings in the institution menu.
Note: Only Administrators will see the Settings option for their Institution. If you are the only user in an institution, you are by default the Administrator.
- Select Systems > DICOM.
- Select Add DICOM Server.
- You will need to know the following information about your DICOM server:
Server Application Entity Title (AET),
and Port number of your DICOM server, for both the Storage and Worklist modalities.
Select the Server Type.
You may leave the checkbox to resize images unchecked.
Check the checkbox to enable structured reports, if you anticipate using structured reports and specific measurements.
- Click Save when you are finished.
- If your facility uses multiple DICOM servers, you can configure additional servers by repeating the above steps.
- Sign out of the Clarius App, and Sign back in again for changes made at Cloud.Clarius.com to sync to your Clarius App.
- Open the side menu by tapping the 3 horizontal lines in the top left corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down and select DICOM Server Settings
- Tap the plus + icon to add a new server and enter the appropriate information.
- Select Save when finished.
- Tap C-ECHO to test the connection to the server.
- After finishing an exam, select in the demographics screen to bring up the DICOM Server selection. Select the server(s) that you would like to send your exams to and select End Exam to submit.
IMPORTANT: Make sure WAN or Internet connection is available when storing the exam. As most use cases will use the Scanner's Wi-Fi hotspot, there are a few options to ensure that a connection to the server exists:
- Manually connect through the device's Wi-Fi Settings
- If LTE (mobile internet) is available on the device, ensure it is turned on
- Enable Quick Exam Upload from the App's Settings page to allow an automatic disconnection from the scanner's Wi-Fi hotspot. Once a new exam is started, the hotspot connection will engage once again.
For more detailed information, please refer to Clarius DICOM Conformance Statement.
To access the Worklist after setting up a DICOM Worklist server, enter the patient demographics page and select . Once on the Worklist page, various filters and search parameters can be applied to find and add the patient demographic information into the Clarius App.