If your scanner has DICOM licensed, you will be able to send exams to PACS over DICOM Store, as well as query patient demographics using DICOM Worklist.
There are two methods to setup the DICOM connections:
- Clarius Cloud
- Propagates information to all users within the institution
- Clarius App
- Limited to the specific device the App is installed on
- Good for quickly testing connectivity
- As an Administrator, sign into Clarius Cloud.
- Select My Institution to go to your most recently viewed institution. If you are in more than one institution, you may need to switch to a different institution. Select Settings in the institution menu.
- Select Systems > DICOM and select Add DICOM Server. You will need to know the Application Entity Title (AET), IP Address or Server Name, and Port of your DICOM server. Select the Server Type as well. Click Save when you are finished.
- If your facility uses multiple DICOM servers, you can configure additional ones on the Clarius Cloud by repeating step 3.
- When newly installing the Clarius App on a device, when logging in, or when opening the App with an internet connection, the DICOM settings will automatically be synchronized from the Cloud.
- Open the side menu by tapping the 3 horizontal lines in the top left corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down and select DICOM Server Settings
- Tap the plus + icon to add a new server and enter the appropriate information.
- Select Save when finished.
- Tap C-ECHO to test the connection to the server.
- After finishing an exam, select in the demographics screen to bring up the DICOM Server selection. Select the server(s) that you would like to send your exams to and select End Exam to submit.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure WAN or Internet connection is available when storing the exam. As most use cases will use the Scanner's Wi-Fi hotspot, there are a few options to ensure that a connection to the server exists:
- Manually connect through the device's Wi-Fi Settings
- If LTE (mobile internet) is available on the device, ensure it is turned on
- Enable Quick Exam Upload from the App's Settings page to allow an automatic disconnection from the scanner's Wi-Fi hotspot. Once a new exam is started, the hotspot connection will engage once again.
For more detailed information, please refer to Clarius DICOM Conformance Statement.
To access the Worklist after setting up a DICOM Worklist server, enter the patient demographics page and select . Once on the Worklist page, various filters and search parameters can be applied to find and add the patient demographic information into the Clarius App.