Doing your own ultrasound has several benefits over using an independent ultrasound service:
- Timely diagnosis. 3rd party services may not always be available, but there is no wait list for your own in-house scanner.
- Convenience for patients. Having to book a separate appointment for an ultrasound can be a hassle. With your own scanner, you can conduct a scan on the spot.
- Flexibility of application. There are situations where a quick ultrasound might help in a diagnosis or treatment, but is not strictly necessary. With your own scanner, it is much easier to use ultrasound as a supplement to your usual process.
- Cost savings. 3rd party services charge per scan, and can be quite costly. Over the long run, conducting in-house scans might be more cost-effective, especially with an affordable scanner like Clarius.
- Potentially billable. This depends on your particular jurisdiction, but you may be able to bill for performing ultrasound services.