The scanner's Wi-Fi Direct connection is encrypted using the WPA2 protocol. The Wi-Fi password is passed to the app via Bluetooth, using RSA encryption, and presented to the user for entering in the smart device's Wi-Fi settings.
By default, when initiating the Wi-Fi Direct network, the scanner will look at available bands, starting with 5 GHz bands, then looking at 2.4 GHz bands. Once the best band is found, the smart device will be able to connect to the scanner's Wi-Fi Direct network.
To force the Wi-Fi Direct to a specific band and band frequency, you can use the following procedure.
In Clarius app 5.1 or newer
- Tap on the 3 horizontal lines on the top left corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Change the Wi-Fi Direct Channel to a specific band from the list..
On Clarius app 4.2.2 or older
- Tap on the gear icon to bring up the WiFi network selection drop down menu
- Change The Wi-Fi Direct Channel to a specific band from the list.
The following is the list of available channels your can pick from:
- Auto : will scan through all channels starting with 5GHz, then 2.4GHz
- Auto (2.4GHz) : will scan through all 2.4GHz channels
- Auto (5GHz) : will scan through all 5GHz channels
- 2.412GHz (selects channel 1)
- 2.437GHz (selects channel 6)
- 2.462GHz (selects channel 11)
- 5.180GHz (selects channel 36)
- 5.200GHz (selects channel 40)
- 5.220GHz (selects channel 44)
- 5.240GHz (selects channel 48)
- 5.745GHz (selects channel 149)
- 5.765GHz (selects channel 153)
- 5.785GHz (selects channel 157)
- 5.805GHz (selects channel 161)