In Eclipse 3.1, you are now able to customize the Wi-Fi Direct network name (SSID) and password. This will be helpful for individuals who use multiple scanners in the same vicinity.
How to rename the Wi-Fi Direct network Name and Password:
1. Select the scanner that you would like to use.
2. Wait until the scanner connects, you will see the status bar fully filled in Tap on the 3 horizontal lines on the top left corner.
3. Tap on "Settings".
4. Scroll down to "Scanner Customization".
4. Enter a new network name (e.g. My WiFi) and a password that is at least 8 characters.
5. Tap on "Program New Settings". You will get a pop up confirmation saying "Successfully Reprogrammed. You must restart the Scanner for the changes to take effect."
6. Remove the battery, and re-insert the battery.
7. The scanner will load again and display the new network name and password. The new password will automatically be copied to the device's clipboard for pasting.