You are able to customize the Wi-Fi Direct network name (SSID) and password. This will be helpful for individuals who use multiple scanners in the same vicinity.
- Select the scanner that you would like to use.
- Wait until the scanner connects, you will see the status bar fully filled in Tap on the 3 horizontal lines on the top left corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to Scanner Customization.
- Enter a new network name (e.g. My WiFi) and a password that is at least 8 characters.
- Tap on Program New Settings. You will get a pop up confirmation saying "Successfully Reprogrammed. You must restart the Scanner for the changes to take effect."
- Remove the battery, and re-insert the battery.
- The scanner will load again and display the new network name and password. The new password will automatically be copied to the device's clipboard for pasting.