Clarius Ultrasound App 8.0.1
May 05, 2021
- Virtual Pointer via Long Press
- Display of Cine Duration
- Highlight of Needle Side Toggle
- Dynamic Range Control Option
- Medical Professional Confirmation on Account Creation
- Various Color Doppler Improvements
- Various DICOM Web Improvements
- Various interface improvements and fixes
- If Prefer Wireless LAN is enabled and using iOS 14, a popup asking for permission to connect to your local network will appear. If Don't Allow is selected, then the App will not be able to connect to the scanner. The App must be granted permission. To manually grant this permission, after having tapped Don't Allow, open iOS Settings, select the Clarius app and enable Local Network.
- iOS 13 devices can get into a state which prevents the Clarius App from detecting Wi-Fi networks. This prevents the App from auto-joining the scanner's Wi-Fi network. When the App detects this state then it presents a warning to the user. In this state the user must manually switch to the scanner's Wi-Fi network via the iOS Wi-Fi Settings page.
- On some Android devices, cines exported (via the Exam Page) cannot be played on the Android device. This is because the Android device doesn't have the correct video codec. Copying the AVI to another system (e.g. a desktop system) will likely play the AVI.
- To see the scanner orientation as a Reviewer via Clarius Live, the scanner must be connected to the App before starting the Clarius Live session.
Clarius Ultrasound App 8.0.0
March 31, 2021
- Auto Pilot Preset AI for C3 and PA
- Clarius Classroom Educational Videos
- Auto Distance Measurement Tool
- DICOM Structured Reporting Module
- Multiple Gestation Obstetrical Module
- TI-RADS Reporting Module
- Lower Extremity Vascular Modules
- Arterial Calculations & Reporting
- Venous Calculations & Reporting
- Labour & Delivery Application
- Biophysical Profile Report
- Head Station Measurements
- Angle of Progression Measurement
- Helpful Pro-Tips
- Notification Banners
- In-App Referral Program
- OEM Development API
- In-App Diagnostics
- Battery Testing
- Probe Element Testing
- Improved Needle Enhance Mode
- Automated HD Zoom Setting for C3
- High Frame Rate Vascular Doppler Mode for L7
- PW Doppler Gate Parameter Display
- Orientation Based Spectral Display Configuration
- Pelvic Preset for C3
- Dermatology Preset for L20
- Elastography Mode for L20
- Measurement Caliper Touch Point Option
- RF Streaming for Research Module
- New Mobile API Features
- Charging Dock Options
- Keep Powered While Docked
- Auto Image Upon Undocking
- Undocking Alarm
- Improved Clarius Live Reliability
- Improved Wi-Fi Resolution Mechanisms
- Various Button Press Improvements
Clarius Ultrasound App 7.3.3
January 20, 2021
- Updates for Cloud Security Mechanisms
- Improved Cloud Synchronization
Clarius Ultrasound App 7.3.2
December 13, 2020
- Support Android 10+ Wi-Fi switching
- Improved L20HD Color Imaging
Clarius Ultrasound App 7.3.1
December 1, 2020
Note: 7.3.1 is available for iOS only. 7.1.0 is the latest release available for Android.
- Portuguese (EU) translations
- Improved Phased Array Color Sensitivity
- Improved L20HD Color Imaging
Clarius Ultrasound App 7.3.0
October 13, 2020
- Partner API for Android
- L20HD PW Mode
- PAHD Transcranial Application
- Improved Spatial Compound Imaging
- Improved Phased Array Superficial Imaging
- Improved Cardiac imaging
- M-Mode Addition to Various PAHD Applications
- The Quick Scan setting determines whether the Scan or Worksheet page appears at App startup. A new Auto Select Scanner setting can be used to disable automatic connection to the last used scanner.
- Fix various DICOM Store crashes
- Fix various Annotation menu bugs
Clarius Ultrasound App 7.1.0
May 12, 2020
- Email Exams from Exam Review
- Measurements and Annotations for Captured Images and Cines
- Pause and Recall Exams
- Deeper L7 Imaging Available + Trapezoidal Imaging
- Improved Pulsed Wave Doppler Controls
- Additional Imaging Parameter Display Options / Export Options
- Additional DICOM Export Options
- DICOM Diagnostics Page
- Improved Needle Enhancement
- M-Mode Velocity Measurement
- Immediate Application of Scanner Settings
- Additional Gynecological Measurements
- Addition of Strain Elastography for C3 and EC7
- Enhanced Exam Statistical Information
- Battery Level via Probe Button
- Configuration for No Contact
- New Button Programming Settings Page
Clarius Ultrasound App 6.1.5
January 20, 2020
- Improve Phased Array Imaging
- Increase L15HD Maximum Depth
- Populate DICOM 'Station Name' Field
- DICOM Worklist Download Improvements
- Updated Messaging for iOS 13 Wi-Fi Auto Join Failure (see below)
- Disable Virtual Demo Scanners for New Users
- Increase Clarius Live Connection Timeout
- Restore Cine Length Selection Menu
- Improved Wi-Fi Interference Management
- Vet Bladder Preset Uses Automated Bladder Volume
- Increased Maximum Scanning Depth for Various L7 and C7 Presets
- Improve Color Gain Level on C7
- Ensure Fan Operates on EC7
- Improve DICOM Store Connection Robustness
- Other Minor Fixes
Clarius Ultrasound App 6.1.2
October 21, 2019
- In-App Exam Management System
- Review of Exam Data, Images, and Cines
- Export Options
- Enhanced Pulsed Wave Doppler Functionality
- Stereo Audio
- Triplex and Mono Mode Support
- Cardiac Support
- Cine Playback from Imaging Screen
- Clarius Live Support for Android
- Send Exam via Email
- DICOM SCU AE Title Entry
- New Measurement Packages
- Basic Cardiac Measurements & Calculations
- Carotid Measurements & Calculations
- New App Settings
- Parameter Display Options
- Automatic Image Capture
- Image Export Options
- New Scanner Settings
- Buttons Configuration for HD Scanners
- Sound Enable Option
- Automatic Freeze Timeout
- Motion Sensor Features
- Stationary Timeout
- Wake-on-Shake for HD Scanners
- User Feedback System
- Redesigned Clarius App and Imaging Workflow
- Improved Wi-Fi Management
- Optimized Wi-Fi Direct to Support More Mobile Devices
- Wi-Fi Performance Options
- Improved Doppler Controls
- Color Gain Slider
- Larger Color Doppler and Pulsed Wave Doppler PRF Range
- Velocity Display
- Correction Angle Enhancements
- Sweep Speed Toggle
- Improved App Permissions Management
- Improved Foot Pedal Management
- Various Graphical and Usability Fixes and Improvements
- Various DICOM Fixes and Improvements
Clarius Ultrasound App 5.2.1
April 10, 2019
- Various Clarius Live Fixes
- Various Exam Export Fixes
- Improvements for Communicating via Cellular with Clarius Cloud or Clarius Live
- Volume Measurements now Labelled D1, D2 and D3 instead of L, W and H
Clarius Ultrasound App 5.1.0
December 10, 2018
- Strain Elastography Imaging
- EC7 Support
- Follicle Workflow and Measurements
- Early OB Workflow and Measurements
- Prostate Workflow and Measurements
- Biopsy Guide Support
- Quick Scan Setting
- Color and Power Doppler Gain Control
- Dynamic Range Control (Viera Scanners only)
- App-Based DICOM Server Setup, including DICOM Echo
- Find My Scanner Functionality
- Wi-Fi Management for Exam Uploads
- Context Sensitive Help
- Foot pedal support (iOS only)
- Clarius Cast Improvements
- Cast Selection from Scanners Screen
- Visibility Setting
- Improved Near Field Greyscale Imaging
- Improved Color/Power Doppler Imaging and Sensitivity
- Viera Workflows Update
- Double Tap Zoom
- Improved Doppler Maps
- Automatic Restart of DICOM Uploads When Required
- New Workflows
- L7 Equine MSK
- C3 MSK
- C7 MSK
- C7 Lung
- C7 Bladder
- Mobile Device Keyboards Support Hotkeys (currently Enter and Space) (Android only)
- Setting for Displaying Patient Information on Scanning Screen
- Local Export Option when Ending Exam
- Capture Counts Displayed
- Cascading Volume Measurements
- Improved Measurement Display
- iPhoneX Support
- Many other minor enhancements
- PW Doppler Saturations Removed
- Potential Crash Fixed when Multiple Exams are Queued
- Potential Synchronization Issues Fixed when Uploading to Clarius Cloud
- Minor DICOM Worklist Issues Fixed
- Connectivity Issues for some Wi-Fi Regions
- DOB field now matches tumblers
- Many other minor fixes
- Listed Scanners Ordered by Discovery Instead of Signal Strength
- Empty Exams Cannot be Uploaded to DICOM or Clarius Cloud
- Autogain Toggle Control Moved to Scanning Screen
- On-screen Zoom Control Removed. Double-tap or Pinch Zoom Available
- DICOM Worklist Status will Show Success if at least One Worklist is Available
- Keyboard Auto-correct Disabled on Patient Demographics page.
- Active Mode Displayed in Mode Selection Button
- Freeze Button Must be held for 2 Seconds to toggle Procedural Mode
- Selecting Cancel on iOS Auto-Join Popup Returns to Scanner Selection Screen
- Clarius Cast Menu Removed. New Method via Scanner Selection Screen
- Quick Scan is enabled by default, skipping the Patient Demographics and Indications pages; to change this change the Quick Scan option in Settings.
Clarius Ultrasound App 4.2.2
May 29, 2018
- Improved Nerve imaging
- Improved Viera Breast imaging
- Updated the following translations: French, German, Portuguese, Chinese and Spanish
- Fixed the C3 and C7 Veterinary Bladder workflows
- Corrected the fan status icon
- On iOS devices, due to an issue in iOS 11, Auto-Joining to a scanner's Wi-Fi Direct network may fail. Switching between multiple scanner's increases the likelihood of Auto-Join failing. In the event Auto-Join fails, the Clarius App will display a message informing the user that the scanner was "Unable to auto-connect to the Scanner's Wi-Fi network. Restarting the smart device may resolve this issue." In the event this error occurs then you can still manually connect to the scanner's Wi-Fi Direct network. To restore Auto-Join functionality you will need to restart your smart device.
- On iOS devices, if images are exported (via the Exam Page) to the Camera Roll while not connected to the Internet, any exported cines will not play in the iOS Photos App. To play the cines you must first connect the iOS device to the Internet.
- The Samsung SM-T813 Android tablet still fails to auto-join to the scanner's Wi-Fi direct network. The likelihood of this occurring has been reduced but it still can occur. If the tablet cannot auto-join the scanner's Wi-Fi direct network then the user must manually connect to the network.
Clarius Ultrasound App 4.2.1
May 16, 2018
- Pulsed Wave Doppler Imaging
- DICOM Worklist
- Pre-Defined Annotations Setup in Clarius Cloud
- Linked Annotations Chains
- Annotation Protocols Setup in Clarius Cloud. In the App, annotation protocols can be used to automatically change the annotation when an image is captured during an exam.
- Background Uploading of Exams to Clarius Cloud on iOS Devices
- Viera Breast Scanner Support
- Synergy MSK Veterinary Scanner Support
- Needle Trajectory Overlay
- Breast Lesion Reporting
- Clarius Cloud institutions can be created in regions other than just Canada. These regions can be selected when creating a new institution during the Scanner Claiming process.
- Synergy MSK Imaging Improvements
- General Imaging Improvements and Optimizations
- Hip Angle Measurement Tool (MSK Imaging)
- Depth/Width Ratio Measurement Tool (Breast Imaging)
- Thyroid Volume Measurement (Small Parts Imaging)
- Gestational Age by LMP or EDD Inputs on Patient Demographics Page
- Gestational Age Shown in Real-time while Measuring Fetal Biometry
- Early OB measurements
- Dutch and Swedish Translations Addition
- Double-tap Pictogram to quickly edit
- Double-tap Annotation to quickly edit
- Wi-Fi Direct Disconnect Option for Exam Submission
- Improved Exam Queuing and Uploading
- Rooted Device Notification (Potentially Impacts Security of PHI Managed by the Clarius App)
- Insecure Network Notification on Android Devices (e.g. WEP or no security)
- Needle Enhancement Colorization Option
- Multi-view pictograms
- Dual-Distance Measurement Tool is now a Multi-Distance Tool Supporting up to 5 Distance Measurements
- Clearer Messaging Throughout the App
- Clarius Cast QR Code Access moved to the Clarius Cast Main Menu. If connected to a Clarius Scanner then the Clarius Cast menu item will display the connection details to be used by Listeners. If not connected to a Clarius Scanner then the Clarius Cast menu item will display a screen to input the connection details found on the Clarius Cast master device.
- Spinning Wheel Improvements to Convey Better Connectivity Information
- Battery and Temperature Percentage Values Removed, Icon Indications Remain
- Exams sent to the Clarius Cloud or to a DICOM Storage Server are automatically set to delete from the App's cache after 10 days. This auto-deletion time can be changed via the Settings page.
- Color Doppler frame rates have been increased.
- Switching scanners on the Scanner selection screen no longer shuts down the previously selected scanner.
- Improved MSK imaging.
- The Thyroid and Testes volumes available in the Small Parts workflow have been replaced by a single Volume measurement.
- A Volume measurement has been added to the Abdomen workflow.
- Male has been added as a gender selection in all Breast workflows.
- Flipping of pictograms has been removed.
- Various Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
Clarius Ultrasound App 3.3.3
March 7, 2018
- Fix several issues that caused the App to fail to connect to or take an inordinately long time to connect to the scanner.
- Fix cases where auto-contact detection would result in the scanner disconnecting.
- Fix the case where AutoJoin would not work when reconnecting to a scanner that had not been disconnected from gracefully.
- Improved detection/reporting of a failing scanner.
- Improved the robustness of the bluetooth connection.
- The Auto-connecting message is no longer shown when the App is not actually attempting to auto-join to a Wi-Fi Direct network.
- Improved Cardiac imaging.
- Improved C7 VET imaging.
Clarius Ultrasound App 3.3.1
December 16, 2017
This update fixes several bugs:
- Prevent the App from displaying update messages asking to update the Scanner with the same software version already installed on the Scanner.
- Fixed a Color / Power Doppler line artifact that would periodically appear.
- The Wi-Fi status bars no longer show red. They are now just colored with various degrees of green. The red color was meant to convey how much image lag was being encountered by the system. However this led to many false-positive complaints. Perceiving lag is best done by looking at the image itself rather than the Wi-Fi status indicator.
Clarius Ultrasound App 3.3.0
November 22, 2017
This update introduces these features and enhancements and fixes several bugs:
- The cine can be trimmed when the image is frozen.
- The upload status of an exam is displayed in the Exam Page.
- General improvements to the Exam Page.
- Exams can be manually deleted via the Exam Page. Long press can be used to select multiple exams.
- DICOM Region Calibration fields have been added.
- DICOM Server selections made on the Exam Page are now remembered for the next exam.
- Images/cines can be exported to the iOS Camera Roll.
- Added "hint lines" to M-Mode measurements to aid in the making of such measurements.
- DICOM images now display the measurements taken on the image.
- The Retrospective Cine length is no longer equal to the Prospective Cine capture length. If the Prospective capture length is set to 20 seconds or less then the Retrospective length is 20 seconds otherwise it is 30 seconds.
- Pictograms have been added to the OB workflow.
- Increased the maximum depth of the Difficult workflow to 32cm.
- Added a Bladder workflow for VET scanners.
- The imaging of VET workflows is improved.
- Display a warning when the certificates of any Scanners are about to expire.
- Removed the ability to export DICOM images locally.
- The Patient Demographics and Indications pages are skipped if another workflow is selected during an exam.
- DICOM servers can be added via the App when using Virtual Demo Scanners. This allows users to test the App's DICOM capabilities without needing an actual scanner.
- Whether the image is automatically frozen or not after capturing a prospective cine is now an option in the Settings Page.
- Improved the brightness levels of the M-Spectrum.
- Added a Vascular C3 workflow.
- Improved the image quality of the Arthrex MSK workflows.
- Reduce noise in the C3 Bladder workflow
- Increase the default Scanner auto-shutdown timeout from 5 minutes to 15 minutes
- Fixed the issue which caused Auto-Join on iOS to take 75 seconds to connect to Wi-Fi Direct.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur when using a Virtual Demo Scanner.
- General improvements to DICOM Storage stability.
- Fixed an M-Mode measurement crash.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong image to appear when using Virtual Demo Scanners.
- The Patient Demographics page is now correctly translated.
- Fixed several connection related issues.
Clarius Ultrasound App 3.2.0
October 1, 2017
This update introduces enhancements and fixes several bugs:
- When running iOS 11 the Scanner's Wi-Fi Direct network can be connected to directly from within the Clarius App. It's no longer needed to manually select the Scanner's Wi-Fi Direct network in iOS Settings.
- Scanner AutoBoot is now enabled by default. This will reduce startup time. Scanner AutoBoot can be disabled in the Clarius Settings page.
- A Superficial C3 workflow has been added.
- Clarius Demo Scanners are now available to all users. To show the Clarius Demo Scanners, enable them in the Clarius Settings page.
- Fixed a case where the Scanner would not reboot after its firmware was updated.
- Fixed a case where the ultrasound image would not appear after restarting the Clarius App.
- Fixed a case where the Clarius App would not reconnect to the Scanner after the Clarius App was restarted.
- Fixed an Android crash that may have occured during Wi-Fi connection negotiation.
Clarius Ultrasound App 3.1.1
August 10, 2017
This update fixes several bugs introduced in 3.1.0:
- Remove the "Non-clinical use only" warning
- Correct the overlapping display issue with the Virtual Demo banner
- Do not list the "Virtual Demo Institution" as a valid institution for claiming a scanner
Clarius Ultrasound App 3.1.0
August 8, 2017
This is a major update which introduces new features and includes many enhancements and bug fixes. The highlights being:
- Spatial Compounding - available for Nerve and Breast workflows
- Automated Heart Rate measurement - available in the Cardiac workflow
- Bladder Volume Measurement
- Automatic Wi-Fi Direct Connection - available on Android devices only
- Prospective cine captures
- DICOM Store (available with Premium Scanners)
- Color / Power Doppler (available with Premium Scanners)
- Virtual Linear - for use with disposable Clarius Clip-ons, available in packs of 10 (availability is expected in September 2017)
- Virtual Demo Scanners - lets new users evaluate the App and Clarius Cloud without a real scanner
- Claim new scanners using the App
- Needle Enhancement - optional on any Clarius L7 Scanner (not included with Premium Scanners)
- Act One - Create a baby's first movie to share with patients (available in OB/GYN workflows)
- 30 seconds cine clips
- Clarius Cast (formerly called Listen Mode) connection details can now be communicated using a QRC
- Auto Shutdown Setting - configure the scanner to shutdown after 1 - 120 minutes of inactivity (default is 5 minutes)
- Scanner auto-boot setting - starts the scanner is sets up Wi-Fi as soon as the battery is plugged in
- Low power mode - allows the scanner to run longer and produce less heat
- The scanning page controls can be placed on the left or right
- Many other enhancements
- Improved connectivity robustness
- Many other bug fixes
Clarius Ultrasound App 2.1.3
June 21, 2017
This update fixes bugs and includes minor enhancements. The highlights being:
- Reduces the occurrence of near-field artifacts that were prevalent in 2.1.2.
- Adds compatibility support for the upcoming 3.1.0 release.
Note that once this version is installed it cannot be downgraded back to 2.1.2. All users must upgrade to 2.1.3.
Clarius Ultrasound App 2.1.2
March 7, 2017
This update fixes bugs and includes minor enhancements. The highlights being:
- Fixed intermittent cases of of abnormally high gain that occurred on some C3 scanners.
- Improved temperature management resulting in extended scanning time per session.
Clarius Ultrasound App 2.1.1
February 15, 2017
This update fixes bugs and includes minor enhancements. The highlights being:
- Enhanced imaging on the cardiac preset for the C3.
- Improved penetration on the L7.
- Wi-Fi Direct works while the 3G/4G Connection is enabled.
- Better heat management - the Scanner auto shuts down more reliably after a period of inactivity.
- The Disconnect button has been changed to an On/Off button to the Scanner selection page. Additionally the following changes were made:
- Improved the reliability of the Scanner connection process.
- The target AutoGain level can now be adjusted by using the left/right gesture on the image.
- The selected Scanner is now listed at the top of the Scanner selection list.
- The unusable levels of the Screen Calibration control, found in the Settings page, have been removed.
- To help ensure the best quality image display, the screen brightness of the mobile device is now increased to maximum when on the ultrasound Scanning page.
- On the Scanner selection page, the App now reports if it has detected any Scanners now part of your Institution.
- Added translations for Spanish, French, Russian, Spanish (Mexican), Turkish, Italian and German.
- Added the ability to disable the AutoFreeze feature. Long pressing the Freeze button toggles AutoFreeze. When the Freeze button is green then AutoFreeze is disabled. When disabled, the image will continue to image until manually frozen.
- Fixed some button scaling issues that occurred on some mobile devices.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when making a small measurement on a zoomed in image and subsequently zooming out.
- The image depth now updates if the depth change gesture is completed off the screen.
Clarius Ultrasound App 2.1.0
December 5, 2016
The first release of the Clarius Ultrasound App.
- Manual TGC
- Support for the C3, L7, C7VET, C3VET and L7VET Scanners
- Clarius Cloud connectivity
- Listen Mode