In Clarius App 6.1 and later
The Clarius scanners rely on the smart device's region configuration to convey proper regulatory domain information. The scanners will automatically limit use to the regulated wireless bands based on the smart device's configured region. Action to take when connectivity performance is sub-optimal:
- The Quick Resolve setting is the fastest and simplest resolution method (recommended first).
- The Simple Search setting may take up to 15 seconds longer when connecting the scanner.
- The Advanced Search may take up to 60 seconds longer when connecting the scanner. Searches may yield better results in an area with many Wi-Fi networks.
In Clarius App 5.2 and older
In very rare occurrences, you may need to reset the Wi-Fi Direct network if Wi-Fi Direct is intermittently disconnecting, or the Wi-Fi Direct password is not pasting correctly.
- Insert the battery and select your scanner in the Clarius app.
- Wait until the connection wheel in the upper right corner is completely filled in. A message for Auto-Connect or to manually connect will appear on the bottom.
- Select the 3 horizontal line on the top left corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Scanner Information section and select Reset Wi-Fi Settings. You will be prompted to confirm your selection.
- Go back to the Scanners page and tap the power off icon on the top right corner to turn off the scanner.
- Re-select the scanner and attempt to connect again.