When a new version of the Clarius app is available, it will be available for download in the App Store or Google Play. Clarius will notify users in advance by email of any upcoming updates.
If your smart device is set to automatically update apps as new versions are available, the Clarius app will update automatically too. Consequently, the Clarius Ultrasound Scanner may also require a firmware update the next time you connect to the Clarius app.
Enabling or Disabling Automatic Updates
- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
- Toggle the switch to enable or disable Updates.
- On a cellular device, you can enable or disable Use Cellular Data. This controls whether automatic app updates occur when the device is connected to WiFi only or both cellular data and WiFi.
- Open Google Play.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the top left corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap Auto-update apps. You can choose to enable or disable auto-app update.
- On a cellular device, you can select Auto-update apps at any time (using Cellular Data and WiFi) or Auto-update apps over WiFi only.
How to Manually Update the Clarius app
- Open the App Store.
- Click Updates on the lower right corner.
- Tap on Update next to the Clarius Ultrasound App.
- Open Google Play.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner
- Tap on My apps & games.
- Find Clarius within that list to update.
How to Update the Software of the Scanner
Each time the Clarius Ultrasound Scanner connects with the Clarius app, it will check to see if the scanner's software is compatible with the Clarius app software. If it is not compatible, it will automatically prompt the scanner's software to be updated. You will see a notice on your screen to Update or Disconnect. You must update the scanner's software to match the app before you can start scanning again.
- Tap on Update to proceed.
- A purple indicator and the scanner's LED will flash purple while the software is updating. Never remove the battery while it is being updated.