When a new version of the Clarius App is available, it will be available for download in the App Store or Google Play. Clarius can also notify users in advance by email of any upcoming updates.
If your smart device is set to automatically update apps as new versions are available, the Clarius App will update automatically too. Consequently, the Clarius Scanner may also require a firmware update the next time you connect to it using the Clarius App.
Enabling or Disabling Automatic Updates
- Go to Settings > App Store.
- Toggle the switch to enable or disable automatic downloads for App Updates.
- Under Cellular Data, you can enable or disable Automatic Downloads. This controls whether automatic app updates occur when it is using cellular data.
Android (Samsung device 11.x)
- Open Play Store.
- Tap your Profile icon on top right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Go to General, select auto-update apps.
- On a cellular device, you can select Auto-update apps at any time (using Cellular Data and WiFi) or Auto-update apps over WiFi only; or Don't Auto-Update Apps.
Manually Updating the Clarius App
On iOS (14.6.x)
- Open the App Store.
- Tap in your account profile at top right corner.
- Scroll down to where it shows Upcoming Automatic Updates and choose to either tap Update All or manually tap Update on Clarius Ultrasound App.
On Android (11.x)
- Open Play Store.
- Click on your Profile account on the top right corner.
- Tap on My apps & games.
- Find Clarius within that list to manually update.
Scanner Firmware Updates
Each time Clarius App connects to a scanner, it will check to see if the scanner's software is compatible. If it is not compatible, a software update prompt will be shown, with the option to Update or Disconnect. You must update the scanner before imaging can continue.
The scanner's LED will flash purple while the firmware is updating.
DO NOT remove the battery from the scanner while it is being updated.