You can connect up to five smart devices to an active Clarius scanner for viewing real-time exams. Patients can also watch their exam on their own smart device while the ultrasound technologist conducts the exam. It also enables multiple students to gain view-only access to live exams performed by an instructor.
(Note that Clarius Cast now replaces the Listen Mode that was available in the version 2.1 series of the app software)
Before you begin using this feature, make sure that:
All smart devices you are connecting are running on the same version of the Clarius app.
The Clarius apps camera feature is turned on. Go to your smart devices Settings page, select the Clarius App, and turn on the camera.
* If using an Android device, disable cellular data before you begin.
To use the view-sharing mode:
1. Go to the first device (we'll call this the scanning device) and sign into the Clarius App using your sign-in credentials.
2. Connect the scanning device to a Clarius scanner using its Wi-Fi Direct network.
3. If you are using version 3.3.3 or lower, go to the live imaging page and tap or on the top right corner to bring up the sub menu. Selectto display the Clarius Cast QR Code window. If you are using version 4.2.1 or newer, tap on the house icon on the top left corner, select the 3 horizontal lines and then select Clarius Cast.
4. Verify you are using the Clarius Scanner's Wi-Fi Direct network, which always uses the IP address 192.168.1.1. If you see a different IP address on the QR code window, you are not using Wi-Fi Direct. If you need to switch to Wi-Fi Direct, go to the Scanners page, tap to display network options, select Wi-Fi Direct, and follow the instructions on the screen.
6. Go to the second device (we'll call this the listening device) and sign into the Clarius App.
The sign-in credentials entered in the listening device can be different than those entered in the scanning device (e.g. each student can use their own Clarius account to sign into the Clarius App).
7. Connect the listening device(s) to the Clarius Scanner by using the same Wi-Fi Direct network and the same password as used for the scanning device. You will find this information on the scanning device's QR Code window.
8. On the listening device, go to the main menu by tapping on the 3 horizontal lines and select "Clarius Cast".
9. The Scan QR Code window will open up. Align the scanning area with the QR Code of the scanning device. The frame can be adjusted by dragging the corners. The listening device automatically captures the QR Code.
Alternatively, you can manually enter the same IP address (i.e. 192.168.1.1) and the same port number used by the scanning device, which is displayed on the scanning device's QR code window
You will immediately gain access to the ultrasound image on the active Clarius Scanner.
The listening device can zoom into a scanned image, but cannot perform any other action. When the driver disconnects their smart device from the Clarius Scanner, the listening device also disconnects from that scanner.