Clarius Power Fan is specifically designed for HD3 scanners. It is recommended that when scanning for more than 15 consecutive minutes, with any Clarius Scanner HD3, the fan must be used. The Clarius Power Fan HD3 can be attached to the built-in heatsink of the Clarius Scanner HD3 to maximize the scanning time by keeping the scanner charged and at optimal temperature during long scanning sessions.
To attach the Clarius Power Fan HD3:
1. Align the top of the fan with the top of the scanner. Make sure the fan’s logo is facing toward you. The logo on the fan and the logo on the scanner should align on top of each other.
2. Press the top of the fan onto the top of the scanner until the fan snaps into place.
**When the scanner reaches a temperature of 35°C (95°F), the fan automatically
To remove the Clarius Power Fan HD3:
1. Pull on the latch located on either side of the fan. This loosens the fan from the scanner.
2. Lift the fan off the scanner.
Cleaning Clarius Power Fan HD3:
For details on cleaning the power fan, refer to Device Disinfection
Charging the Clarius Scanner HD3 using Power fan
1. Attach the Clarius Power Fan HD3 to the scanner.
2. Connect the Micro USB cable provided with the Clarius Power Fan HD3 to the Clarius Power Fan HD3
3. Connect USB A to a power supply.
4. Insert the AC male plug into a power source. The scanner will begin charging.
The scanner LED indicates the charge level of the battery in the scanner:
• Red: 0 – 30%
• Orange: 30 – 65%
• Blue: 65 – 95%
• Green: 95%
NB- You can continue scanning patients while the scanner charges via the Clarius Power Fan HD3.
Use only power supplies recommended by Clarius when plugging into an AC power outlet.
*** Do not charge the scanner via the Clarius Power Fan HD3 in air ambulances, regular
ambulances, or the EMS environment in general (including patient transportation and home